My time is winding down...I will be leaving here on Saturday afternoon, March 1st. I'll see everyone in Charlotte on Sunday afternoon, March 2nd. A few quick notes for today:
- I killed a snake in the house two nights ago. Yep, my vegetarian self chopped the serpent into three pieces with a South African hunting knife! Unfortunately, I did not get a picture...
- I'm going to Congo (aka DRC)! The border's only a few miles away, so it's easy to get the extra passport stamp...
- We're going to look for hippos tonight at Cercle nautique. They often graze along the lakeshore right along the road...
6 comments:
too bad cam and aslan weren't there to protect you from that snake...aslan could've sat on it and done better than the south american knife!
anyhow, watch out for the hippos--I hear they run faster than you'd think. :)
south african hunting knife?!? how very sydney bristow of you! SO excited to see you when you get back. Do take some hippo photos -- i'll be living vicariously!
sorry--south african...not south american.
we were talking about south america in english class that day :)had it on the brain...
have you seen the hippos yet???!?
dude, i a so proud of you it's ridiculous. & yes, i admit you've been posting all of these amazing stories of ministry & it's the snake knife bru ha ha massacre that gets my attention! i can't wait to see you when you come home. we have lots to discuss. we should have a sleepover with krys. love you!
Hey Wild Girl,
Nice Blog!!! Must say your French improved after a few sips. Well hope to see you at the Havana tomorrow night!! Must party your last night in Buja.
wow! jennifer! your experiences sound amazing! truly! i am so glad you got to see everything that you did. what an encouragement! wow!
Post a Comment